Mainstages Theater Program
for Summer Camps and Afterschools
The Answer to Your Theater Program Needs
The Complete Package
Cultivate a successful program while simplifying your administrative schedule at the same time!
Our process-oriented, development-driven approach results in impactful and easy-to-implement theater programs across the nation.
There are two tracks to our Theater Program:
- Camp Services: Program partnerships with sleep-away and day camps during the summer.
- Afterschool Services: Session-based enrollment programs ideal for schools and organizations.
Each track is divided into five components:
- Staffing & Training
- Program Development
- Production Supplies
- Marketing & Publicity
- Supervision & Support
Every program is different, so we customize based on the needs of each community.
Staffing & Training
Success Starts With Great Staff!
We're dedicated to making sure your Theater Program has the best staff available! That's why we hand select your staff member from our pool of talented applicants based on applicable skills and relevant teaching experiences.
Our Staff Members:
- are professionals working as educators in their field, often with previous camp/school experience;
- are confident administering a curriculum and communicating to reach goals;
- are goal driven, take initiative, and successfully know how to negotiate "drama" both onstage and off;
- possess a creative teaching style and innovative problem solving skills.
See details about Staffing & Training:
We Build the Infrastructure of Your Program!
With a focused detail on your needs and a wide scope of influence on your community, we ensure an impact that reaches beyond the theater program.
Here's how we get there:
- Oversee overall program design & strategy of program.
- Facilitate conference calls, webinars and one-on-one conversations with program staff.
- Create lesson and activity plans that include an activities track for everyday periods and a performance track for clubs and intensives.
- Develop itineraries and program outlines that build upon previous skills and applications.
- Integrate relevant mission driven themes and activity resources into curriculum.
See details about Program Development:
Take in the applause with our stage and sound packages!
This part of the package can be customized with one of our three options:
- Theater Essentials Kit: Curriculum, handouts, props, teaching tools
- Production Kits: Royalties, copies of scripts, costumes, backdrops
- Production Base: Backdrop stands, stage curtains, and presenter stand
These Kits provide access to portable, easy to set up visual and audio displays to effectively present a show in what may otherwise be a limited performance space.
See details about Production Supplies:
Marketing & Publicity
We Ensure your Program Reaches Maximum Participation and Exposure!
We will provide:
- giveaways and supplemental materials sent to parents
- printed backdrops, full color posters & custom playbill
- display of information and materials by mainstages on our performances;
- communication and family engagement.
.. and more.
See details about Marketing & Publicity:
Supervision & Support
We're Involved on the Ground to Ensure Your Program Exceeds Expectations!
You'll receive active support in the day-to-day operations of your program to ensure success.
We manage the following:
- Lines of communication between staff and administration;
- Customized staging and performance needs based on your individual production choice and participant logistics;
- Program alterations, modified teaching tools and best practices;
- Assignment of a program supervisor who provides ongoing support;
- Weekly resources and engagement opportunities for staff and participants.
See details about Supervision & Support:
“ Jason, our theater director went above and beyond to not only run a wonderful theater program, but to help with our camp's overall creativity and spirit!”
“ This program exceeded all our hopes and imagination. To see our kids together onstage was truly special.”
“ I haven't gotten anything but compliments about the mainstages programs we've run at our school. The instructors are tremendously engaging as well as utterly reliable and professional. And, most importantly, the kids have a blast!”
“ mainstages has helped us develop a culture at camp where theater has become not only a popular activity, but part of camp tradition. ”
“ When mainstages led a game show event on a rainy day for my camp of 500, rainy days at camp were forever changed. Everyone laughed and had a great time, and nobody missed the pool!”
“ My staff and I always talk about how mainstages is the best part of our program and how much the kids love everything they do with you!”
“ Camp show gets better and better each year, didn't think it could improve any more!”
“ We love working with mainstages. Our campers love being in the shows and our parents are impressed by how much they learn and the wonderful performances at the end of each session!”