An amazing opportunity awaits!
mainstages has developed a progressive and innovative theatrical curriculum for camps that is inspired by the works of Stanislavski, Viola Spolin, Anna Deveare Smith, and Augusto Boal, to name a few. We are looking for truly special and creative individuals who are interested in gaining theatrical experience in a grassroots environment for theatrical education. We offer a unique professional experience for our teaching artists and theater directors by investing in them as both educators and learners.
Our commitment to you:
- To support your successes and direct you through challenges.
- To provide a network of professionals that will help you make contacts and partner collaboratively.
- To provide an infrastructure for your success while recognizing you as a creative individual.
- To offer freedom in structuring and implementing lessons and/or visions for your production.
- To prepare you for working in your camp/school environment.
- To offer growth within mainstages. Your experience doesn't have to end when the summer does. We hope you will continue to learn, teach and collaborate with us throughout the year!
Ideal candidates have experience in children's theater and are excited by the opportunity to use the performing arts to make a profound impact in youth development. They understand that creativity requires flexibility and collaboration in order to reach goals. They are enthusiastic about performing in children's shows, teaching in schools and camps, and offering one-of-a-kind theatrical experiences for aspiring young artists.