Staffing & Training
Get The Right Person Running Your Program!
Ensuring a qualified staff member shows up at your camp prepared to successfully implement your program is one of the most important resources that we can provide for you. That is why one of the areas in which we are most flexible is how you may choose to select the staff member that will be representing mainstages at your camp. All applicants undergo a comprehensive screening process to determine relevant qualifications for your camp including conflicts of availability, geographic location, and applicable skills and experiences.
We offer two staff referral options, dependent on your preferences:
Direct Placement (Our own staff)
Together we predetermine the salary for your staff member and we directly place them based on the parameters you provide for us. We conduct all elements of screening including checking references on your behalf, contracting your staff, organizing travel, and supervising the completion of all relevant paperwork. For program partners, this option includes the mainstages staff member guarantee, whereby mainstages will find you a satisfactory replacement staff member at no additional expense to you.
Similar to Direct Placement above, you provide your parameters for the position to us and we will then screen applications and refer qualified candidates to you. Whenever a potential match is identified, you receive an application highlighting that person as well as their requested salary range. In this scenario, the camp is responsible for conducting interviews, checking references, negotiating final rate of pay, and contracting the staff member. Program partners will be asked to place their staff member(s) with a completed contract by April 15.
Give Your Staff Member the Tools to Succeed!
After placement, Teaching Artists undergo pre-camp training where they learn hands on with other camp specialists focusing on activity facilitation, collaboration, and how to manage additional responsibilities in the camp environment. These trainings include webinars, online courses, in-person meetings, conference calls, and attendance at our annual pre-camp orientation retreat.
Available positions for placement include Theater Counselors & Supervisors, Dance Specialists, Songleaders, Visual Arts, Tech/A.V., Program Director, Pianist, Accompanist, Costume Designer, and more.
You can always place your own staff to participate in the theater program!
What does it mean to be a camp program partner?
As a mainstages program partner, you will have priority access to the mainstages administrative team.
mainstages program partners also receive:
- 10% off mainstages performances including Workshops & Trainings, Interactive Performances, Game Shows, and Custom Experiences like Color War Breakout & Programming and Performer’s Residencies.
- Complimentary social media integration and program listing on Recommended Camps page on mainstages website.
- First rights on priority musicals and original productions.
- Up to 3 complimentary attendees at mainstages year-round Professional Development Facilitation Workshops & Trainings in NYC.
Be The One!
Camps that select a three-year agreement will receive The Opening Night Experience (THE ONE), an initiative to bring multiple performing arts disciplines together to enhance and grow your communities overall opportunities for confidence and creative expression on stage.
Benefits of a three-year agreement include:
- An additional $750 savings applied over the course of the partnership.
- New and exciting programming that builds upon itself from year to year.
- Increased knowledge of community to adapt program for success.
- Joint investment in infrastructure with co-planned improvements to stage, storage, set, and tech.
- Ability to focus year-round on the foundation of programming from an infrastructure and curricula scope.