Featured Game: Statues
February 19, 2019
Skill Level: Beginner
Unit: Big Movement
Active Participants: All
Materials: An open space
Participants practice self control and strategy.
HOW TO PLAY
- The facilitator sets the stage that they are the "night watchman" at a museum and the participants are statues. Every time that the night watchman turns around (away from the participants) the participants can move.
- Once the night watchmen looks back towards the participants, they must freeze without getting caught moving.
- The night watchman calls out a theme for the museum (for instance, dinosaurs) and the participants freeze and move like that theme as the watchman tours the museum.
- The point of this game is not to catch the kids, but to keep them moving and freezing in interesting ways.
- Institute a rule where statues are not allowed to touch the night watchman.
- Sample Museums: Zoo Animals. Rock Stars. Sea Creatures. Space. Egyptian Artifacts.