fun experiences await!
Rewarding opportunities for hard-working and passionate theater educators! »
an ideal candidate
An ideal teaching artist at Mainstages possesses the following traits:
- They are a theater student at university or a professional working in the theater world.
- They love kids and have experience working in the realm of children’s theater (preferably with experience working in a camp setting.)
- They are goal driven, take initiative, and successfully know how to negotiate the drama at camp that exists onstage and the drama offstage.
- They have a strong moral compass and take pride in their reputation.
- They are talented, have an eye for improvisation, and are enthusiastic to spend the summer in a scenic rustic setting teaching theater to children from ages 6-16.
- They understand that they may be required to perform General Counseling duties in addition to theatrical responsibilities.
Fit the bill? Check out The Artist’s Role.